One to One Mentoring Programme & Heartfelt Writing Workshops
I’m passionate about helping writers get their work into the world and not waste precious time. I offer One to One Mentoring and Heartfelt Writing Workshops.
I was touched by a recent client’s comment: “She had the rare talent of making you feel everything was possible and that you deserved that everything too.”
One to One Writing Mentoring Programme
I offer a 90 day one to one mentoring programme, tailored specifically to each writer’s needs.
Over the course of 3 months we’ll work on:
- mentoring you on all aspects of your current projects, from writing to getting your work out there.
- teaching you craft and technique.
- looking at your writing habits and routines and making them work for you.
- provide detailed feedback on your writing.
- provide structured support for all stages of your writing.
- provide accountability that will get you writing regularly – you’ll want to write if I’m ready as the reader.
I’ll pass on all the technique, insights and insider information I’ve gathered over the years as both an award winning writer and during my 8 years as a script editor with the BBC. Whether you’re writing a screenplay, poetry, novel, short stories, non-fiction or a play, I’ll get you writing and keep you writing. The mentoring can be done via Skype or in person. Contact me on email@example.com to find out more and see if we are a good fit.
Free Your Creative Voice – Heartfelt Writing Weekend Workshops
These weekend workshops focus on how to write in a way that connects with other people, reaching into the deepest level of their being. This heartfelt writing has the power to change people’s lives. We will explore practical writing techniques from this deeper perspective.
We will also look at tools to break through your self doubt and blocks, so you can get writing and stay writing.
Beautiful words and an understanding of craft are not enough – the substance under the words is what matters.
Over the weekend we’ll look at how to:
- Be a heartfelt witness to life, so you’re overflowing with ideas that you are passionate about.
- Create characters who leap off the page with their fire, passion and humanity.
- Focus on the essential essence of every story – making your character go on a heartfelt, inner emotional journey of change.
- Capture a living thing. How to shape, edit and polish without making the final work lifeless.
- Stay wild and free during the writing process, finding the courage to say what you need to say and therefore the freedom to inspire people to change.
Here is some of the lovely feedback from previous Heartfelt Writing Weekends:
“It has been a hugely uplifting experience – funny, poignant and immensely enjoyable 2 days – and it has gone in a flash!” Laura Graham
“New ideas presented clearly and with humour and intelligence, and soul. Brilliant way to spend two days soaking up the inspiration.”
“Very inspiring exercises taught with tact, humour and grace.”
“Packed with helpful, practical tips and info. Uplifting and confidence inspiring.”
“Totally eye opening and lots of tips and tricks to writing that I didn’t know. Wonderful workshop, the right amount of learning and love!”
I wrote my first poem at the age of eight but stopped writing when a teacher praised my poem but said I could never have written something so good and it must have been copied. I stood at the front of the class in tears. The humiliation and criticism stopped me writing for the next fifteen years. Self doubt and fear of ridicule can block all writers, often for years, and I’m passionate about helping writers get their work into the world and not waste precious time.
Whether you’re writing a novel, screenplay, poetry, short stories or play, this weekend will help you approach your work in a fresh and deeper way. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.